Last year, Cvent acquired DoubleDutch, positioning Cvent to deliver world-class event technology and customer support. Since then, we have been reviewing capabilities on each platform to determine which are most suitable for customers moving forward.
To ensure we can provide the best technology, functionality, and support to our customers, we will be consolidating our mobile solutions a few months earlier than originally planned. With that, the DoubleDutch mobile solution will be retired September 30, 2020.
What does this mean for you?
- June 1, 2020 new apps and events cannot be created in DoubleDutch CMS.
- August 31, 2020 all existing DoubleDutch live events must be complete. Logged in attendees can still access app data.
- September 1-30, 2020 DoubleDutch CMS will only be accessible for data retrieval.
- September 30, 2020 DoubleDutch CMS will no longer be accessible and attendees will not be able to access app data.
Why are we doing this?
- We’re hearing from customers that they’re currently focused on virtual events, and Cvent Event App will deliver the best virtual experience.
- We want to ensure customers are prepared for the Fall conference season. By making this change now, we can leverage available Cvent resources to help DoubleDutch customers migrate during this opportune time.
- Maintaining DoubleDutch requires substantial ongoing technology investment, which would include upgrading to iOS 14 in September. Sunsetting now allows us to accelerate development on other mobile solutions.
What’s happening with Cvent’s mobile event apps?
Over the last several years, event mobile apps have been one of Cvent’s largest investment areas with the acquisition of QuickMobile and DoubleDutch and continuous updates of CrowdCompass. We will now consolidate these apps to accelerate development of our next generation mobile solution: Cvent Event App.
While CrowdCompass will be the Mobile App solution of choice through 2020, we will also deploy customers on the Virtual Events experience of Cvent Event App. Cvent Event App, whether used as a standalone solution or part of the full Cvent Event Management platform, will bring together the most-desired features to become the new standard in mobile and virtual event experience.
We recognize change can be unsettling, and that’s why we have assembled a dedicated team to educate you on these offerings and help you through this transition. You will also have access to the Cvent Community, training materials, and award-winning 24x7 support.
Your DoubleDutch account team will be in touch soon to discuss your next steps. You can also reach out to us at email@example.com for any immediate questions.