From the Attendees section under the Manage tab, you can transfer or move tickets.
Transferring a ticket allows you to take a ticket and give it to another individual. For instance, if a registrant can no longer attend an event, you can transfer the ticket to the person going in their place.
Moving tickets allows you to move a registrant from one event to another and/or change their registration/ticket type. Some use cases include:
- Your event has multiple, identical workshops and a registrant can’t make the workshop they registered for and wants to switch to a different workshop instead.
- You're having the same event in multiple cities. The registrant decides they want to go to the event in Orlando instead of the one in Denver.
Transferring a Ticket
To transfer a ticket, choose an event from your event list. Under the Manage section, click on 'Attendees'. Then, on the row of the attendee's ticket you'd like to transfer, click on 'View Ticket'.
Within the details of the ticket, click on the 'Transfer' button.
On the next screen, fill in the new attendee's first name, last name, and email address. When finished, click 'Transfer'.
Moving a Ticket
To move a ticket, while viewing a ticket, click on the down arrow next to "Transfer". Then click 'Move Ticket'.
On the next screen, you can move the ticket by picking a new event and/or registration type from the drop-down menus. You can also filter the list of events options to live events only by clicking on the checkbox next to the drop-downs.
When finished, click 'Save'.
Tickets can only be moved with less complex events and cannot be moved under the following circumstances:
- The registration type has multi-select sessions
- The registration types have different prices, fees, and applicable discounts
- The registration type has booked hotels
Notifying Attendees of a Transferred or Moved Ticket
Transferred and moved tickets will not automatically trigger emails to attendees. To send an attendee their order, use the Resend Confirmation Email functionality from your Orders list.