Push Notifications Library
The following list includes all instances in which a push notification will be sent to an attendee’s device:
- Push Messages sent via the CMS
- Direct Messages
- Meeting Requests (excluding meeting cancellations)
If an attendee is not receiving Push Notifications, first check their device settings for the following:
- Settings > Do Not Disturb: if this setting is enabled, Push Notifications will not be received. Make sure this is disabled.
- Settings > General > Background App Refresh: this setting allows the app to run in the background and must be turned on. Also, your event app in this section must also be turned on.
- Settings > Notifications: under your event app in this list, select it, and ensure that all toggle switches are turned on.
- Settings > Battery > Low Power Mode: if this is enabled then Push Notifications will not be received. Make sure this is disabled.
Keep in mind that Push Notifications are not always instant. The Apple and Google Play Push Notification services can take up to five minutes to send the notification. However, if you feel like there is an issue with an app not receiving Push Notifications, refer to the troubleshooting steps below.
- If the iOS app is not receiving Push Notifications altogether:
- Review your Push Notification Certificate. If the P12 file is the issue (e.g. it’s expired), revoke the old one and send a new P12 file to your DoubleDutch representative.
- If that doesn’t solve the issue, please reach out to DoubleDutch Customer Support.
- If some users are receiving Push Notifications and others are not:
- Ask the attendee to see if they have notifications disabled in their device settings.
- The attendee(s) may need to wait for push to come through.
- If neither of those solves the issue, please reach out to DoubleDutch Customer Support.
- Location-Based Messages (Beacons) are not working properly:
- Confirm with that your attendees have their devices configured as follows:
- User must select 'Always Allow' when prompted to enable location services
- Notifications are enabled in the device settings
- Bluetooth must be on
- Battery Power Saving Mode must be off
- Additionally, some common issues that cause issues with beacons include:
- The Beacon range is not large enough
- The battery on the Beacon is running low or dead
Note: Push Notification issues with Android are extremely rare. However, if at any point you believe Push Notifications are not working on Android devices, please reach out to DoubleDutch Customer Support.
If the issue you are experiencing refers to the “Notifications” section within the DoubleDutch app, keep in mind that this logic and UI is independent of the Push Notifications the device receives.