Web Views can be used to link to a website or web-hosted document. Examples of Web View sections include links to your company's Facebook page or Twitter feed.
Note: web addresses must be secured (https:// NOT http://)
As of July 2018, Web Views can be configured to open in different ways. Previously, the only option for creating these sections was to have the link open directly within the app.
Creating a Web View Section
To create a Web View section in the CMS:
- Go to the Layout tab and click 'Add a new section'.
- Select the 'Web View' option and give the section a name.
- Then click 'Save new section'.
- Continuing from the Layout tab, click on the name of your new Web View section to configure it.
Web View Section Options
The following are the additional options for configuring Web Views:
- Default Web View: Opens the web page within the event app.
- External Browser: Opens the web page with the phone's default browser app (e.g. Safari, Chrome).
- Native App: Attempts to open the web page in a native application (e.g. Instagram, Twitter). If the native app is not supported, a default Web View will be used.
Note: all existing Web View sections created prior to July 2018 will default to a Default Web View type.
Note: the aforementioned web view options are available on app versions 7.18 and higher. With the update to this app version, customers will no longer be able to disable sharing in an external browser. Previously created Web Views will default to using Chrome or Safari within the app, and will have the option to open in an external browser.