The Knowledge Share feature allows attendees to ask questions and share their thoughts in a community environment. As questions are submitted, they'll appear in the app for other attendees to provide answers.
Enabling Knowledge Share
To enable Knowledge Share, go to the CMS and click on the 'Discover More' tab. Then, locate the Knowledge Share feature and click 'Learn More'. To add the feature, click 'Set Up Now'. A new section will be added to your app layout, called "Knowledge Share".
Using Knowledge Share in the App
Knowledge Share can be accessed via the corresponding section in the app. Upon tapping on the section, attendees will see the full question list.
Submitting a Question
To submit a question, attendees can click on the text field that says "What is your question?". They'll then type in their question in the text field.
Additionally, topics can be associated with questions to allow for easier searchability. While adding a question, attendees can add topics as well by tapping on 'Add Topics'. Existing topics will auto-populate as the attendee types, otherwise, new topics will be added.
Viewing Questions by Topic
To view all topics, attendees can tap on the 'Topics' button from the main question list. This will take them to the screen below where they can search for certain topics.
To view the answers to a question, attendees can tap on the question from the question list. They'll then see the question details page, where they have several options:
- Upvote the question
- Upvote the answers
- Add their own answer
- Report a question or answer
Submitting an Answer
To add their own answer, attendees can tap on the 'Add your own answer' text field, type in their response, and then tap 'Submit Answer'.
Using Knowledge Share in the CMS
Configuring Custom App Titles
You can replace the default text in the app to custom text by inputting your preferred text in the appropriate fields. This includes:
- Question Input Prompt - appears when a user is inputting a new question (default text is "What is your question?")
- Question Response Input Prompt - appears when a user is adding a response to a topic (default text is "What is your question?")
- Submit Question Type - the button a user taps to submit their question (default text is "Submit Question")
- Submit Response Type - the button a user taps to submit their answer (default text is "Submit Answer")
- Plural Submit Question Type - when sorting by a user's question submissions, the wording that appears in the sorting options (default text is "My Questions")
- Plural Submit Response Type - appears as the number of answers under each question (default text is "# Answers)
Reported questions and answers will appear in the CMS, under Content, for event organizers to moderate. As questions and answers are reported they will appear in the "Reported" box. Moderators can click the green checkmark to approve the question/answer or click the red 'x' to block it. Blocked questions/answers will then appear in the "Blocked" box to the right and will no longer appear in the app.
Deleting Questions and Answers from the App
Additionally, all questions and answers, regardless if they're reported or not, can be moderated as well. The full list will appear under the "All Questions" section.
By clicking on the red "x" you can block, or delete, a question or answer from the app. Blocked questions and answers will show as "Blocked" with a green checkmark on the right-hand side of the screen.
Downloading Question Data
Lastly, you can download the list of all questions and answers by clicking on 'Export Data'.