With Enterprise Distribution, the app will be distributed internally using a mobile app management system, which will only be used by employees or authorized partners/participants.
Distributing your App through Enterprise Distribution
Most likely you have a Mobile Device Management (MDM) system such as MobileIron, Airwatch, or XenMobile by Citrix. These platforms are used to manage corporate devices used by employees and to distribute apps to those devices.
It is highly advised to have a technical resource ready to carry out the necessary steps in order to deploy the app successfully.
- Once the image assets and other app info have been submitted in the CMS, the app creation request will be sent to the DoubleDutch App Opps team.
- Then the app will be built and all relevant binary and image files will be sent to you in ZIP files by your DoubleDutch representative.
- Create an App ID.
- Create a Push Notification Certificate.
- Create a Distribution Certificate.
- Create a Provisioning Profile.
- You will then need to re-codesign the iOS binary file with your organization’s Enterprise Distribution Certificate and an in-house Provisioning Profile for the app.
- Next, you will upload the app binary to your MDM.
- Finally, send a Push Notification Certificate (P12) to DoubleDutch.
Note: it is important to remember that the Apple Mac computer that is performing this has the Enterprise Distribution Certificate installed in the Keychain Access app. It must also have a different name than your organization’s public iPhone Distribution Certificate. The re-codesign tool requires that Distribution Certificates have unique names.