A Distribution Certificate identifies your organization within a distribution provisioning profile and allows you to submit your app to the store.
To create a Distribution Certificate:
- Log in to Apple Developer.
- Click 'Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles'.
- Click on 'Certificates'.
- Then click on 'Production', then the '+' button to add a new certificate.
- Select 'App Store and Ad Hoc' from the Production options, then click 'Continue'.
- Click 'Continue' again.
- Click 'Choose File' and select the CSR file you previously created. Then click 'Continue'.
- Click the 'Download' button to download a .cer file, then click 'Done'.
- Double-click the .cer file to install it in Keychain Access.
If you encounter any issues during the app distribution process, a DoubleDutch representative may ask you to send a P12 version of your distribution certificate. Here are the steps to create the P12 file:
- Go to Keychain Access, and search for the distribution certificate.
- Next, you will export this certificate and save it as a .P12 file. First, you must unselect it in the list. Click somewhere below the certificate in an empty space in the Keychain Access dialog window.
- Right-click on the certificate to show the contextual menu. In the menu that appears, select Export: "Apple Push Services...”
- A dialog box will open. Select a location to save the file. Give it a recognizable name. For example, “appname_distrocert”. Then click 'Save'.
- Another dialog will open, asking you to enter a password, which will protect the P12 file. Type in "doubledutch2018" and enter it twice as requested. Click 'OK'.
- Next, another dialog will open; input your computer password and click 'Allow'.
- Next, send the saved P12 file in an email to your DoubleDutch representative. The DoubleDutch App Operations team will upload this to the back-end admin system.
Note: sending your distribution certificate to DoubleDutch is completely optional and only necessary in cases where you have asked DoubleDutch to troubleshoot app distribution issues.
Continue to the next step in the distribution process: How to Create a Provisioning Profile.