Automatic Login provides a quick and easy alternative to the traditional "Reset Password" process when logging into the DoubleDutch app.
One of the biggest barriers to entry across software experiences is the forgotten password. To effectively drive engagement and meaningful interactivity at events, it's critical to ensure that your app is as intuitive as possible, eliminating any barriers to entry to drive continued participation. To solve this problem, we enable a simple and secure Automatic Login process, eliminating the need for attendees to remember passwords.
Automatic Login only works under these conditions:
- Your app does not have a Single Sign-On
- Your device software is on iOS 9 and above
- The mail client for the email address associated with your app login is set up on your device
How Automatic Login Works
- Input your email address into the login page of your DoubleDutch app and click 'Submit'.
- Select 'Use Automatic Login'.
An automatic login email will be sent to the email address you've defined.
Note: in order to receive the email, the email address used must match the email address listed in the attendee list in the CMS.
Also, the email will expire after one hour. After that, the attendee will need to tap 'Use Automatic Login' again to receive a new email. Otherwise, the attendee will receive an error when trying to complete the Automatic Login process.
Attendees can also experience issues if they tap on the 'Use Automatic Login' button multiple times. This causes multiple emails to be sent, making only the most recent email sent valid.
- Click 'Open Mail App' to be redirected to the mail app.
- Click the 'Automatic Login' button in the email to be redirected back to the app and logged in without inputting a password.
Note: the Automatic Login process is device-specific. For instance, attendees cannot trigger the Automatic Login email on one device and then complete the login flow on another device.