Creating an App ID is necessary in order to register, upload, and distribute an app. Regardless whether you are distributing your app through iTunes or through an internal distribution method, a unique identifier needs to be created in your Developer Portal for your app. This App ID will be located in the compiled IPA file and on Apple’s systems. To be able to upload your IPA binary file to iTunes Connect, the App ID’s must match.
The first step to complete and publish your app is to create a unique App ID in your Apple Developer account.
Follow the steps below to create your App ID.
1. Navigate to https://developer.apple.com/account and log in with an account that has access to your Developer Portal.
2. Click on “Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles”
3. Click on the App IDs section in the left menu. Above and to the right of the list of App IDs, you see a “+” sign. Click this to create a new App ID.
4. Now you will see a form that needs to be filled in to register a new App ID.
- a) Type the name of the app in the name field. Be specific, avoid generic terms because all app names in iTunes have to be unique.
- b) Confirm your Team ID, it should already be pre-selected.
- c) Now you will need to fill in a unique Bundle ID for this App ID. A Bundle ID is typically a reverse URL or domain name of your organization, coupled with the app name. This is done in order to create a truly unique identifier for your app. (e.g. com.companydomain.appname )
- d) The services your app supports and that should be enabled are: Associated Domains, Game Center, In-App Purchase, and most importantly Push Notifications. Apple has determined that Game Center and In-App Purchase are to be mandatory for all apps. The last service will enable you to send Push Notifications to attendees from the CMS.
5. Click on Continue. You will be taken to an overview to check the data you have entered. If it is correct, click on “Submit”.
6. You will notice that on the overview the Push Notifications are set to “Configurable”. This means that you will need to proceed to creating a Push Notification certificate. You will then hand this over to DoubleDutch.
See the “How To Create a Push Notification Certificate” guide for instructions.