If you have chosen not to give DoubleDutch access to your Google developer account, you will have to submit the Android app yourself.
If you are going to be creating an app listing for the first time, there are a few steps that are necessary in order to get your app published to the Play Store. There are several fields to fill in with information before you can submit your app. The steps below will show you how to successfully fill in the app listing and submit your app for the first time.
If at any time you wish to enter something of your own choosing into the fields shown in this guide, please contact your DoubleDutch representative to discuss whether it is the right choice.
- Log into your Google Developer account.
- Click on the button 'Add new Application'
- Start by filling in the app name in the popup window and choose to start with the App Listing.
- Fill in the Title (this is the app name that will be visible to users browsing the Play Store), Short description, and the full description in the relevant fields.
- Then upload the image assets to the relevant slots.
After filling in these details, scroll up, and save the draft info you’ve entered.
- Next, click on 'APK' in the left menu. Then click on 'Upload New APK to Production'.
A popup window will appear where you can select the APK from your computer. After uploading, a form will appear to confirm your upload. Click on 'OK'.
- Next, click on 'Content Rating' in the left menu. There you will need to start a new questionnaire and fill in questions to determine the age rating of the app. Start with the basics; contact email and category.
Answers to questions are on the next page.
Click the radio buttons, click on 'Save Questionnaire', then 'Calculate Rating', then the rating is shown on a new page. Scroll down and click on 'Apply Rating'.
- Next, click on Pricing & Distribution in the left menu.
The app’s price is “Free”.
Make sure to have the app available in all countries. If you cannot, then make it available in the countries you wish and the Netherlands, USA, and Philippines – These countries have our Support teams who can help with issues when you report them. If you do not, our team will not be able to download the app and troubleshoot.
Then make sure to click on the radio button to confirm that the app contains ads. The app offers the feature of promoted posts, this counts as in-app ads in Google’s criteria.
- Scroll down, in the Consent section, answer like below:
Check all the three boxes.
- Once all these fields are filled in, 'Save'.
- After this, you should see four green check marks next to the section names in the left menu. This means your app is ready to be published.
- Click on 'Publish app' in the top right.