To publish an app in the Google Play Store you will need to create an app listing. The steps below will show you how to successfully fill in the app listing and submit your app for the first time.
- Log into your Google Developer account.
- Click on the button 'Create Application' in the top right.
- Start by selecting the default language and filling in the app name in the popup window. Then click 'Create'.
- Fill in the title (this is the app name that will be visible to users browsing the Play Store), short description, and the full description in the relevant fields.
- Then upload the image assets to the relevant slots under the Phone tab. You can ignore the Tablet, Android TV, and Android Wear tabs.
- Scroll down and fill in the Categorization section. For Application Type, select 'Applications'. For Category, select 'Productivity'. We'll come back to the Content Rating after we upload the APK file.
- Click 'Save Draft' to save your work.
- Next, click on 'App Releases' in the left menu. Then click on 'Manage Production'.
- Then click on 'Create Release'.
- You will then be taken to a form to upload your APK file. Under the Google Play App Signing section, select 'Opt Out'. A pop-up will appear; click 'Confirm'.
- Next, drag and drop the APK file you received from DoubleDutch into the "APKs to add" section. You'll notice that the release name will auto-populate.
- Under "What's in this release?" it's recommended that you put "Bug Fixes and Feature Enhancements". Then, click 'Save'.
- Next, click on 'Content Rating' in the left menu. There you will need to start a new questionnaire and fill in questions to determine the age rating of the app. Click 'Continue' to start the questionnaire. Then, input the email address you'd like to use for ratings related communications and select the App Category: Social Networking, Forums, and UGC Sharing.
- Answers the questions on the next page by clicking the radio buttons, then click on 'Save Questionnaire', then 'Calculate Rating'.
- Then the rating is shown on a new page. Scroll down and click on 'Apply Rating'.
- Next, click on Pricing & Distribution in the left menu. The app’s price should be set as “Free”.
Also, make sure to have the app available in all countries. If you cannot, then make it available in the countries you wish and the Netherlands, USA, and Philippines – these countries have our support teams who can help with issues when you report them. If you do not, our team will not be able to download the app and troubleshoot.
- Then make click 'No' on the Primarily Child-Directed question and sure to click 'Yes' on the radio button to confirm that the app contains ads. The app offers the feature of Promoted Posts, which counts as in-app ads in Google’s criteria.
- Scroll down in the Consent section, and check all the boxes.
- Once all these fields are filled in, click 'Save Draft'.
- After this, you should see four green check marks next to the following section names in the left menu: App Releases, Store Listing, Content Rating, and Pricing & Distribution. This means your app is ready to be published.
- Click on 'App Releases' in the left menu. Then click 'Edit Release'. Then 'Review'. Review the release information on the next screen and then click on 'Start Rollout to Production' to submit your app for review.
Note: it can take about several days for your app to be reviewed, please plan accordingly with your DoubleDutch representative.