If you have chosen to grant access to your accounts to DoubleDutch, there are several steps you will have to complete in order to grant access.
DoubleDutch refers to this scenario as a “Client Distribution”.
The benefit of doing this is that DoubleDutch engineers will do all the work necessary to publish your app for you. If there are any updates required to the app, provisioning profile, distribution certificate, or push notification certificate, this will be carried out by DoubleDutch.
Follow the steps below to first grant access to your iTunes Connect account and then to your Apple Developer account.
The prerequisite for this process is that your DoubleDutch representative should have provided you with the Apple ID information that will be used for this process.
- Navigate to https://itunesconnect.apple.com and log in with your credentials.
- Then you should see many different buttons for different sections in iTunes Connect. Click on 'Users and Roles'.
- The Users list will show and next to the heading you can click on the '+' sign to add a new user.
- Next, you will enter the user information for this new account in iTunes Connect. The most important piece of information is the Apple ID. You should get this information from your DoubleDutch contact.
- Click 'Next'.
- Next, you will assign permissions to this new user. Select the Admin role by checking the box next to it. This permission level will allow DoubleDutch to perform all the necessary tasks to create and update your apps.
Note: this permission level is still below the “Team Agent” permission level and cannot do the following:
- Agree to new terms and conditions by Apple
- See Sales Reports and Trends, Taxes, Banking sections
- Add new users to the iTunes Connect account
Admins can only see the below sections:
- Then click 'Next'.
- In the next section, you are asked to edit the notification settings for this account. You can leave it on the default values.
- Click on 'Save'. This is the last step.
- You will then be taken back to the Users and Roles overview. An email invitation has been sent to the DoubleDutch email address you entered earlier. The invitation will be accepted by one of the App Operations engineers and work can resume.
- Next, you will have to grant access to your Apple Developer account. This is where App ID’s, provisioning profiles, and push notification certificates are generated for your apps.
Navigate to https://developer.apple.com/membercenter/ and log in with an account that has access to your Developer Portal.
- You will be taken to your account’s Member Center. In the top global navigation menu, you will see the tab “People”, click on that.
- You should then see the list of people that have access to your Developer account. On the left, you can see “Invitations” in the navigation menu. Click on that.
- Next, you will click on the button 'Invite Person'.
- Fill in the form with the details required, which were given to you by your DoubleDutch contact, and select the “Admin” role. This will allow the DoubleDutch engineers to carry out all necessary work autonomously. It is the quickest way to get your apps published.
IMPORTANT: the email address you type into the required field above is the Apple ID email address given to you by DoubleDutch.
- Then, click on 'Send Invitation'.
You have successfully invited DoubleDutch to handle all app publishing matters. For more details on any of the aspects mentioned above, please contact your appointed DoubleDutch representative.