Content Visibility permissions allows you to easily segment your attendee groups to manage multi-group events and maintain control over sensitive content. In larger meetings or events, event organizers need to control what information (often sensitive) is distributed to which segments of attendees. Groups like VIPs, executives, speakers, and exhibitors require access to different information, such as special session or happy hour details for VIPs, sensitive strategy and decision making content for executives, and booth resources for exhibitors.
Content Visibility permissions allow event organizers to easily create and manage in-app content visibility rules in the CMS. Organizers can create multiple attendee groups and determine which list-type content is visible in each section of the app to each group. Sensitive information is now secure and only visible to the right groups.
Note: to enable Content Visibility for one of your events, please reach out to your DoubleDutch representative.
Creating Content Tiers Manually
To get started creating a tier in the CMS, first create a "General" tier. All content uploaded is automatically placed in the "Default" tier, which should not be used. Because of this, a "General" tier needs to be created. To create this:
- Click on the "Content" tab, then click on the 'Tiers' button.
- Click 'Add Tier'
- Type in "General" and click 'Save Changes'.
- Assign all Attendees, Agenda, Speaker, Exhibitor, and Custom List content in the CMS to this new General tier. See below for how to assign content to tiers.
- Repeat these steps to create your additional tiers.
Creating Content Tiers via Import
With Content Visibility enabled, the import spreadsheet templates for Attendees, Agendas, Speakers, Exhibitors and Custom Lists will include a column called "Tier Name". The Attendee template field will only accept one value (attendees can only be a part of one tier). The other templates will accept multiple values separated by commas (e.g. "tier1,tier2,tier3,testtier,staff,executives,general"). Importing these templates will create a tier in the CMS for every tier listed in that column.
Assigning Content to Tiers
There are two ways to assign content to tiers:
- Using the import method mentioned above.
- Manually adding content from the Attendees, Agenda, Speaker, Exhibitor, and Custom List content sections. Under each of those sections, you'll see a new drop-down menu titled "Tier". As you select content items, you can then click on the "Tiers" drop-down and select the checkboxes of where you would like to assign the content to. Then click 'Apply'.
What type of content is supported?
Can app sections be hidden?
App sections themselves cannot be hidden; only the items within those app sections can be hidden. For example, everyone will be able to see the "Agenda" app section, but you can hide specific sessions from certain individuals, such as a "Roadmap" session that is only meant for customers.
Can "Files & Links" be hidden?
As noted above, the "Files and Links" app section is not among the four supported, though a Custom List app section could be created as a workaround, and include links that are hidden or visible across audience segments. While files can't be directly added to a Custom List, they can be added as links. They can also be added directly to agenda items.
Can "Folders" be hidden?
Folders cannot be hidden, so if you have a Custom List with folders, everyone will see the Custom List app section, as well as any folders. The best practice here is to ensure that if you have folders, that there is some content for everyone in each folder. If not, attendees without visibility permissions will see an empty folder.
One tier of attendees does not have visibility into any content in a specific section of the app. What should I do?
In the instance that a tier cannot see any content in a given section of the app, we recommend the following:
- Create a new item in this section.
- Title the section.
- In the description of this item, type in an explanation of why this audience does not have access to this content.
- Assign this item to the Tier.
- Click 'Save'.