With Client Distribution, the app will be distributed in the public App Store and Google Play Store. This is the most common way to distribute your app.
To get started, first, complete the app creation process in the CMS. Then follow the steps below.
Distributing your App to the App Store - iOS
WARNING: you must have a Mac computer in order to complete the full iOS app distribution process!
- DoubleDutch will build the app for you with placeholder certificates and bundle names.
- Your DoubleDutch representative will send you all the relevant image files and the app binaries in ZIP files.
- Create an Apple Developer Account through Apple Developer.
- Create an App ID.
- Create a Push Notification Certificate.
- Create a Distribution Certificate.
- Create a Provisioning Profile.
- You will then need to re-codesign the iOS binary file with your organization’s Distribution Certificate and the Provisioning Profile for the app.
- Next, you will need to log in to iTunes Connect.
- Then, in iTunes Connect, you will create the app listing.
- Using Application Loader, upload the app to iTunes Connect.
- Then, go back to creating the app listing, upload all images and screenshots, and submit it for review.
- Finally, you will send the Push Notification Certificate (P12) and your App ID to DoubleDutch.
Note: any subsequent changes will need to be discussed with your DoubleDutch representative. For instance, if you revoke and renew a Push Notification Certificate.
Distributing your App to the Google Play Store - Android
- DoubleDutch will build the app for you with a key and package name.
- Your DoubleDutch representative will send you the .apk file.
- Create a Google Play Developer Account.
- Next, if you would like to have DoubleDutch publish your app, you can grant DoubleDutch Release Manager access to your Google Play Developer Account and we will publish the app on your behalf.
- Or, if you are publishing the app on your own, you will create the app listing, upload all images and screenshots, upload the .apk file to Google Developer, and submit it for review.