What is Audience Data Collection?
- Goal Definition: I want to find out more about my attendees and their interests.
- Event types that would have this goal: Sales Kickoff, Incentive and Rewards Trip, Corporate Internal Meeting, Training or Seminar, Roadshow, User or Partner Conference, Financial Services Client Event, Conference, Medical or Scientific Conference, Expo or Tradeshow, Executive Summit, Customer Advisory Board
How do I increase Audience Data Collection?
The following features will allow you to collect valuable insights about your attendees. Whether you want to understand demographic information, information about interests, or collect feedback on different aspects of the event, create and enable the content below to help you glean the data you’re most interested in to laser focus your events and communication around your audience.
- Create an Agenda: Uploading a detailed agenda to your DoubleDutch app allows your attendees to access all of the information about the event in one place. Attendees are able to make more educated decisions about the best sessions to attend and the speakers they’ll want to connect with. Attendees can add sessions to their agenda to remember what they are planning to attend - this will not only provide them with push notifications to remind them of upcoming sessions, but it gives you the information about the most popular sessions, understanding the topics your attendees are most interested in.
- Develop a Speaker Section: If you have speaker bios, be sure to create a dedicated speaker section within your app layout list. If your attendees are interested in specific speakers, they can learn more about them and see the different sessions they’ll be leading. As an organizer, you’ll be able to see the analytics around the speakers' profiles that are most viewed.
- Leverage Surveys: Surveys are the most direct way to collect detailed information about what your attendees think. Think about how the answers of the survey can provide you with data to build an agenda that’s even better for your next event. Create questions that ask how much value was provided in a session, if they would recommend the session, if they would attend more sessions on the topic, or more sessions led by the same speaker.
- Create Polls: Polls are not only an interactive way to engage with your event goers, but they can provide you quick answers about what your attendees know or care about. They can be used to add a level of interactivity to a speaker’s session, but they can also be used in a non-traditional way as a global poll. Global polls are available in the activity feed to all attendees within a scheduled time frame. We recommend using global polls to collect information. For example, asking a question about demographics (how far you traveled to attend the event, this is my ____ time attending the event, etc.) or asking a question about what topic track is going to be the most interesting during the event. Both of these question types will provide you with some valuable data.
- Enable Channels: Create dedicated channels for the topics your attendees are interested in or align with your session topics. Attendees can join channels and participate in the conversation with other event go-ers who share similar interests. Here are a few ideas for Channel Topics: First Time Attendees; Meet our Product Team; Industry Trends; Department Segments; Attendee Regions or Run Club.
Want to learn more about setting and measuring event goals? Click here to learn how DoubleDutch features and Event Performance measurements can be used to drive business outcomes!