What is Sponsor/Exhibitor Retention and Expansion?
- Goal Definition: I want my current sponsors to achieve their goals, so they renew and increase spend with my organization.
- Event types that would have this goal: Roadshow, User or Partner Conference, Financial Services Client Event, Conference, Medical or Scientific Conference, Expo or Tradeshow
How do I increase Sponsor/Exhibitor Retention and Expansion?
To ensure maximum visibility for your exhibitors and sponsors, create and enable the following content and features. After the event, you’ll be able to collect data on attendee and exhibitor interaction and provide your exhibitors with metrics to prove value in attending your event.
- Create an Exhibitor List Section: Create detailed profiles for your exhibitors within the dedicated Exhibitor/Sponsor layout section. You can create this through the CMS or allow your exhibitors to build their own profiles through the Exhibitor Portal. Upload the company name, logo, description, any relevant links and booth staff. The more information you provide, the better information your attendees have at their fingertips, making it simple for them to determine the exhibitors they want to meet with.
- Develop an Interactive Map: Make it easy for your attendees to locate exhibitors at the event. Create an interactive map that links exhibitor profiles to their location at the venue.
- Enable Ratings and Reviews: Let your attendees provide feedback. After they bookmark exhibitor or sponsor profiles, they’ll be prompted to provide a review. Their response is based on a five-star scale, giving quick feedback while providing you with a snapshot of sentiment data across the exhibitor interactions that have occurred.
- Leverage Surveys for your Exhibitors: You can use the survey tool to gather data that’s relevant for your exhibitors. Set up a survey before the event to capture more detailed information about the audience so your exhibitors can have a smarter, more valuable conversation during their meetings. Examples of relevant pre-survey questions for exhibitors would be demographic data, the industry products attendees currently use, the common job responsibilities across attendees or the services attendees want to learn more about during the event.
- Use Polls: Leverage polls to help your exhibitors gather relevant data about your attendee audience. Similar to surveys, ask questions through a global poll to kick the event off in a way that’s interactive for your attendees and beneficial for your exhibitors. (Bonus, exhibitors can see the responses in real time if they’re logged into the app, with no additional data collection from your team). Ask a broad question that will provide exhibitors with a snapshot of data such as “I have used _____ products to assist me in my job responsibilities,” or “I’d benefit most from meeting people who are experts in ______ industry.”
- Enable 1:1 Meeting Scheduling: Your exhibitors have an idea of who they want to meet and who will benefit most from their products and services before ever arriving onsite. Let them proactively request to schedule meetings with their clients and prospects. The more valuable conversations an exhibitor or sponsor has at your event, the more likely it is they’ll come back year after year.
- Product Collateral: Available through a registration integration, exhibitors can upload product items to be visible in their profile. Attendees can swipe through their products at their convenience through the app and have better, more educated conversations when they have the ability to meet in person at their booths.
Want to learn more about setting and measuring event goals? Click here to learn how DoubleDutch features and Event Performance measurements can be used to drive business outcomes!