What is Networking?
- Goal Definition: I want my attendees to foster and expand their networks.
- Relevant Event Types: Sales Kickoff, Incentive and Rewards Trip, Corporate Internal Meeting, Training or Seminar, Roadshow, User or Partner Conference, Financial Services Client Event, Conference, Medical or Scientific Conference, Expo or Tradeshow, Executive Summit, Customer Advisory Board
How do I increase Networking?
To maximize networking at your event, and to collect data around who and what your attendees are interested in connecting with, enable the following features:
- Show the Attendee List: Make sure the attendee list is visible and near the top of your app menu so everyone can see who’s at the event.
- Create Topic Channels: Create dedicated channels for the topics your attendees are interested in. Attendees can join channels and participate in the conversation with others who share similar interests. You can also have a speaker or team member moderate the channel, adding questions to spark the conversation. Here are a few ideas for Channel topics: First Time Attendees; Veteran Attendees; Meet our Product Team; Industry Trends; Department Segments; Attendee Regions or Run Club.
- Promote Session Channels: Like Topic Channels, Session Channels are a dedicated space for attendees to have an open forum during a session. It’s a great way to crowdsource questions for the speaker and share key session learnings while engaging with other attendees participating in the same session.
- Enable Direct Messaging: When direct messaging is enabled, attendees can chat directly with other attendees- whether they meet at breakfast, in a session or through a topic or session channel.
- Promote @Mentioning within the Activity Feed: Create a promoted post letting attendees know that they can communicate and connect with other attendees by @mentioning them within the activity feed.
- Attendee Meetings: The meeting scheduling feature allows attendees to request meetings with other attendees through in-app calendar invites.
- Leaderboard: Create a leaderboard challenge to encourage attendees to engage within the app. The app automatically assigns points to actions within the app. Attendees who are engaging the most will appear on the leaderboard. This can create a friendly competition among your attendees and drive networking.
- Email Digests: There are multiple digest emails that are automatically sent to attendees during and after the event. They are designed to drive attendees back into the app throughout the event. These emails include top app posts, suggested attendees to follow, and general news happening in the app.
- Following Attendees: Let other attendees know they can follow others within the app to stay up to date on what others are saying throughout the event with a promoted post or live from a keynote speaker. When attendees select to follow other attendees, the app will automatically suggest similar people to follow.
Want to learn more about setting and measuring event goals? Click here to learn how DoubleDutch features and Event Performance measurements can be used to drive business outcomes!