You can edit your app and media assets within the CMS if you have admin level access. Apps can be edited as long as your event start date is at least 28 days in the future. This time frame allows the edits to be reviewed, approved, and published in the Google Play and Apple App stores before your event.
Editing Your App
To get started editing your app:
- Click on the event picker in the top right-hand corner.
- Then click on 'Manage Users & Events' at the bottom.
- You will see all the apps you have access to edit. Search for your app and click 'Edit App' to get started updating your app.
Note: for the short name, make sure it is consistent with the name you are using in the app store. Otherwise, Apple will reject the app. For more information on this, click here.
- Next, you'll be able to edit your media assets including your app icon, iOS splash screen, and Android feature graphic. Please note the image requirements in the gray box near the top of the screen. For app media assets specs, please visit the Media Assets Specs support article. Click 'Save & continue' to save your changes and move on to the next section. If you don't want to make any changes to your assets, you can click the 'Review & Submit' section on the left navigation to move on to the confirmation screen.
- On the final page, you'll review the changes you're submitting. Click the 'Submit App' button when finished.
Afterward, your DoubleDutch representative will send you a new .ipa file (for iOS) so you can update your app in the Apple App store. We will update the Android version of your app for you, as long as we have Google Play Release Manager access. Otherwise, we will send you an .apk file (for Android) so you can update the Android app on your own.
Note: once you submit your updates, your app will be locked for editing until your changes have been published.