What is Attendee Session Tracking?
Attendee Session Tracking uses the badge scanning capability of the app to allow you to equip your event team to scan attendee badges as attendees enter the room for your agenda sessions. Now you'll be able to know exactly who came to each session and when they arrived!
Once an attendee is scanned into a session, they are then "checked in" to that session (the session will be bookmarked on the attendee profile in the CMS), triggering other applicable logic in the app such as the Survey Reminder Card.
Since each scan is time-stamped, you can also use this feature if you're interested in tracking when attendees leave sessions by just scanning everyone on their way out.
Setting Up Attendee Session Tracking
To fully set this up for your event, there are some internal configurations that need to be enabled by DoubleDutch:
- Please reach out to your DoubleDutch representative about using this feature.
- DoubleDutch will also need to work with you to make sure the badges you are using are configured to work with the scanner (see The Badge Setup section of the article for an idea of how that part works).
Next, you'll need to identify who on your team will be scanning badges and give them access to do so.
- In the CMS, navigate to your attendee list and click on the name of the individual you wish to give access to.
- Click the checkbox for "allow this attendee to scan for sessions".
- Click 'Save Changes'.
When that individual is ready to scan badges, they will navigate to the agenda details session in the app that you've assigned them to scan badges for.
There will be a "Scan Attendees" button that will appear. Tapping that button will open up the scanner and then they can point the device at the badge and it will register the attendee as checked in.
Note: attendees assigned as scanners will not be able to take surveys attached to sessions.
Viewing Attendee Session Tracking Reporting
In the CMS, you can access two different reports related to Attendee Session Tracking. Navigate to the Event Performance tab and then click on 'Exportable Reports'. In the "Attendee Session Tracking" section you will see the following reports:
- Attendees Scanned Report: for each row, you will see the attendee's first and last name, email address, title, and company, as well as the scanner's first and last name. You will also see the session that the attendee attended and the timestamp of the scan. The last column will show the raw data scanned from the badge.
- Scanners Report: for each row, you will see the scanner's first and last name, as well as their email address. You will see the session name for the session that they scanned for, the session start and end time, and the total number of badges they scanned. The next column shows the number of unique attendees scanned by that individual, and the final column shows the number of scans that the scanner was unable to associate with an attendee in the CMS.