What is Session Tracking?
Attendee Session Tracking uses the badge scanning capability of the app to allow you to equip your event team to scan attendee badges as attendees enter the room for your agenda sessions. Now you'll be able to know exactly who came to each session and when they arrived!
Once an attendee is scanned into a session, he/she is "checked in" to that session (the session will be bookmarked on the attendee profile in the CMS), triggering other applicable logic in the app such as the Survey Reminder Card.
Since each scan is time-stamped, you can also use this feature if you're interested in tracking when attendees leave sessions - just have your scanner scan everyone on their way out.
Session Tracking Setup
To fully set this up for your event, there are some internal configurations that need to be enabled by DoubleDutch:
- If you haven't spoken with a DoubleDutch representative about using this feature, please reach out to your Account Manager to discuss this.
- DoubleDutch will also need to work with you to make sure the badges you are using are configured to work with the scanner (see the Badge Scanning section of the article for an idea of how that part works).
Next, you'll need to identify who on your team will be scanning badges and give them access to do so.
- In the CMS, navigate to your attendee list and click on the name of the individual you wish to give access to.
- Click the checkbox for "allow this attendee to scan for sessions".
- Save your changes.
When that individual is ready to scan badges, he/she will navigate to the agenda details session in the app that you've assigned them to scan badges for.
There will be a "Scan Attendees" button that will appear. Tapping that button will open up the scanner and then he/she can then point the device at the badge and it will register the attendee as checked in.
In the CMS, you can access two different reports related to Attendee Session Tracking.
Navigate to the Event Performance tab in your CMS, and then click on 'Exportable Reports'.
In the User Activity section, you'll see "Attendee Session Tracking - Attendees" and "Attendee Session Tracking - Scanners".
- Attendee Report: for each row, you'll see the attendee ID, first and last name, title, and company, as well as the Scanner User ID, as well as first and last name. You'll also see the Session ID that the attendee attended and the timestamp of the scan. The last column will show the raw data scanned from the badge.
- Scanner Report: for each row, you'll see the ID of the scanner and their first and last name, as well as his/her email address. You'll see the session ID and session name for the session that they scanned for, and the number of badges that he/she scanned. The next column shows the number of unique attendees scanned by that individual. The final column shows the IDs of any badges that the scanner was unable to associate with an attendee in your CMS.