Click the Guide Me button below for a guided walkthru of Surveys!
To create a new survey, click on the surveys section on the left-side menu in the CMS, then click the ‘+ Add Surveys’ button and follow these steps:
- Name: give the survey a brief title, no longer than 50 characters. This is the name that will appear when the attendee views the survey in the app.
- Attach: select where you’d like the survey to be. You can have the survey appear in the general Surveys section of the app menu (this is called a Global Survey), or you can attach the survey to any list item in the app by clicking into the box and following the steps in the lightbox.
Surveys attached to an agenda session will not be available for attendees to view and complete until 5 minutes before the scheduled end of the session.
Attendees will be reminded to complete surveys for sessions that have been added to their agenda via Personalized Cards.
- Description: let your attendees know what the survey is about (200 characters or fewer).
- Question Types: you are provided with two flexible question types to use for your survey. Questions should be no more than 100 characters each.
Multiple Choice Questions: add questions that allow attendees to select one or many items from a list of options. Answer choices should be no more than 200 characters each.
Free Response: add questions that allow attendees to fill in a text box.
- Points: assign points to each question (optional). Points will be are awarded to an attendee for completing the question, and will be reflected in their standing on the leaderboard in the app.
- Add Questions: add as many additional questions as you’d like, but remember that attendees are taking surveys from their mobile devices so we advise you to keep it short to ensure they respond to all questions.
- Save: don’t forget to save your survey!
Survey results are not visible to you or attendees anywhere in the app.
Survey results can be found after your event in the Event Performance > Surveys section of the CMS.
Surveys in the App
If your survey is global, attendees can navigate to your Surveys section of your app menu, and then they'll see a list of all your global surveys.
If your survey is attached to a session, when it becomes available to take towards the end of the session, the "Take Survey" button will appear on the agenda details: