Click the appropriate button below (depending on which server your events are hosted on) for a guided tour of creating polls!
To start creating polls, navigate to the Content tab of the CMS and then click on 'Polls' from your menu on the left.
To create a new live poll, click the '+ add poll' button and follow these steps:
- Assign how many points attendees will earn for responding to the poll.
- Select what agenda session this poll is associated with (if applicable).
If you do not associate the poll with an agenda session, it will be available for attendees to take from the activity feed or the polling section of the app.
If you assign the poll to a specific session, attendees will need to navigate to that session's detail page in the agenda to take the poll.
- Select the start and end time for the poll. Take note that multiple polls for a single session must have different start times, as attendees can only complete one poll at a time.
- Add the question you would like to ask for your poll, using no more than 90 characters.
- Add up to 5 options for your attendees to choose from, using no more than 60 characters for each response. Attendees will only be able to choose one response from this list.
- Click 'Save' and your poll will be saved.
Once saved, you can click back into it from the list to retrieve the “Results Link” that speakers can use to present results to attendees during a live session.
Steps for attendees to view/answer if attached to a session
- Navigate to the Agenda in the main menu and tap on the current session they are in to view the session details page.
- Tap the 'Polls' tab.
- Tap the 'Take the poll' link for the active poll you want to answer.
- Tap on your answer choice and then tap 'Submit your response'.
Steps for attendees to view/answer a global poll
- Global polls that are available to be taken will show at the top of the activity feed.
- Global polls that are available to be taken will also show in the "Polls" section of the app menu (under the active poll, the user will see a preview of future polls but will not be able to answer them yet, and the user will also see past polls that are now closed but will not be able to submit answers).
Viewing Results of the Poll
- Sharing at the event on a big screen:
The web link to view results for the poll can be found in the CMS and should be provided to the presenter ahead of time. The results will update every few seconds as attendees submit responses.
For optimal results, we strongly recommend displaying the poll results in Google Chrome.
Note: the text option to participate in the Poll is available in the US only.
- Viewing the results in the app:
Attendees can see the same results on their device once they’ve submitted their own response. Results will automatically update every few seconds.