An achievement is an icon that will display on an attendee's profile in the app. Achievements are awarded after an attendee completes a specified series of activities in the app, such as posting a certain number of photos.
Achievements serve as recognition for hitting milestones in the app so they are different than points, which are earned every time an activity is completed.
Your app comes preloaded with a set of 25 default achievements that are earned for completing actions in the app associated with posting status updates, adding photos, and completing ratings. Attendees earn the first achievement in each category with the first action of that type and then continue to earn in increments up through 50 actions.
Note: default achievements can be disabled in the CMS -> Setup -> Basics -> Hide Default Achievements set to "Yes". Showing all achievements on users' profiles can also be disabled in the CMS -> Setup -> Basics -> Show User Achievements set to "No".
You can create custom achievements that can be awarded for status updates about specific items. There is no limit to how many custom achievements you can add, but we recommend that you first think about the end result or goal you want from your attendees.
For example, are you trying to encourage people to visit a sponsor booth? If so, create an achievement that’s unlocked when an attendee tags that booth in a status update. Of course, we also encourage you to come up with fun achievements, like our favorite, the ‘Bacon Badge’ (unlocked by a post about a scheduled breakfast event or an on-site café).
Creating Custom Achievements
To create custom achievements for your event, follow these steps:
- Login to the DoubleDutch CMS, head to the “Setup” page and then click 'Gamification' from the left side.
- From the Gamification area, click '+ Add Achievements'.
- Select a 500x500 PNG or JPG image to be the achievement icon and upload it where it says “Upload Image”
- Give the achievement a short name.
- Add a description to tell your attendees why they’ve unlocked it.
- Assign the number of status updates required to unlock the achievement.
- Add the specific items you’d like an attendee to post a status update about in order to earn the achievement.
- Take note this system works on an either/or system, meaning an achievement can be earned by posting the total number of status updates from any combination of sessions. For example, if an achievement is set up to unlock after 2 status updates from Agenda Session 1 and Agenda Session 2, someone could unlock it by posting one update from Agenda Session 1 and one update from Agenda Session 2, or by posting 2 updates from Agenda Session 1, or 2 updates from Agenda Session 2.
Click the Guide Me button below for a guided walkthru of custom achievements!