Topic Channels are a great way to enable attendees to participate in topic-based conversations (versus the Activity Feed where attendees can see all kinds up dates from all around the event). These are public, group conversations around a particular topic.
Topic Channels are created in the CMS.
To set up Topic Channels, navigate to the Content tab in the CMS, and then select "Topic Channels" from the left-side navigation menu.
To start adding Topic Channels, click '+ Topic Channel'.
Note: Topic Channels can be disabled, but not deleted.
For each Topic Channel you create, you will need to select the theme, and set the name and description.
Note: custom images cannot be uploaded to theming.
Topic Channels will display in the app in the order you list them in the CMS.
The display will include the name, preview of the description, and the theme, as well as the number of attendees who have joined the channel.
Tapping on an individual Topic Channel opens the channel view for this topic.
- In the Channel view:
- In the Title bar, attendees will see the name of the Channel and the total number of attendees who have joined is displayed.
- Before attendees can post they will need to "Join" the Channel
- Joining a Channel also means attendees will receive notifications about activity in the Channel.
- Underneath each message that is posted, the attendee's full name and timestamp of the post are displayed. Once a message is sent, it cannot be deleted.
- There is a "More Information" button in the top right. Attendees can tap this to display a card with more information about the channel, including:
- Channel Name
- Channel Description
- A toggle to switch notifications on/off
- Attendees can tap another attendee's profile picture and a profile card displays.
- If an attendee blocks another attendee, they will no longer see their messages in Channels or Direct Messages.
To block an attendee in Topic Channels:
- Open the Topic Channels section from the menu.
- Open the channel with the attendee that you would like to block.
- Tap on the attendee's name icon while in the channel.
- Tap 'Block' to block the attendee.
Being blocked by an attendee means that you will still see any messages you sent to the attendee in the past. The attendee that has blocked you will not receive any messages from you after being blocked.