If you have admin access to your event app, you'll be able to create new events in your existing app by copying the format and content of a previous event already in your CMS or selecting a blank template.
Click the Guide Me button below for a guided walkthru of creating a new event!
To get started, choose 'Manage Users & Events' from the drop-down selector.
Next, you'll see all of the apps and events you have access to. If you're an admin for a particular app, you'll see the ability to click on 'Create New Event'.
If you have available licenses on your contract, you'll see a new window where you can fill in the details of your new event.
Start by entering your Event Name (up to 45 characters) and the start and end dates for your event.
You can either create a brand new event with a blank template, or you can copy from an existing event that you have admin access to.
If you choose to copy from an existing event, you can choose to copy all content, or to only select custom content from that previous event.
Please note the following:
- All settings will copy over except:
- Lead Scanning (default off)
- Attendee Session Tracking (default off)
- Disabled emails will not get copied
- Topic Channels will not get copied
- Push and promoted messages are set to occur in the future, so once your event is created you will need to go in and set the correct date and time.
- Layout sections are copied over even if there is no content
- Header and logo will be copied
- Web views will be copied
- Attendees are never copied, but attendee groups will be copied
- If you have an attendee list that is the same or very similar from event to event, you can export your attendee list from the previous event, make any necessary additions/deletions and then import the file in the new event.
Note: if after you complete the event copying process you notice that some content did not copy over, you can still pull that content into your new event. To manually import your content into your new event:
- Go to your old event
- Go to the Content tab and click on the section name of the content that did not copy over (e.g. Speakers, etc.)
- Click 'Actions', then 'Export Data'
- Once the file with your content downloads, go back to your new event
- Under the Content tab, find the section you'd like to import the content into and click the section name
- Click 'Add ....', then 'Import Excel or CSV file'
- Select the exported file and import it into your new event
On the next screen, you'll be able to select your event type. You can use the arrows to scroll left and right through the different event types. Choose the one that matches closest to your event.
On the next screen, you'll see the confirmation of the information that you've entered.
Once you click 'Create Event', your event will be built (this may take a minute) and you'll eventually see a confirmation screen.
On the next screen, you will select 3 event goals that most closely match your goals by dragging 3 of the available options into the circles labeled 1, 2, and 3. If you don't see a goal listed, you can suggest one by clicking on the 'suggest' link.
On the next screen, you'll enter in some additional details of your event, including a description, an estimated number of attendees, and the time zone for your event (please select carefully, as the time zone impacts a number of time-based items in your event app such as session reminders).
You'll also select the registration type which determines how attendees gain access to your event app, as well as the primary color that will display in the app.
Next, you'll add in your media assets for this specific event.
Your event icon will appear in the 'select event' menu that a user sees after the login screen.
The iOS header image will appear at the top of the activity feed on iOS devices only.
For event media assets specs, please visit the Media Assets Specs support article.
On the next screen, you'll be able to set up a content integration with etouches, Swoogo, or Eventgrid (for help or questions with other systems, please contact our support team), or you can exit out of the event creation wizard into the CMS to continue building your event.