If you have admin access to your event app, you will be able to create new events in your existing app by selecting a blank template or copying the format and content of a previous event already in the CMS.
Creating an Event in the CMS
To get started creating a new event under an app:
- Click on the event picker in the top right-hand corner.
- Then click on 'Manage Users & Events' at the bottom.
- You will see all the apps you have access to edit. Search for your app and click 'Create New Event' to start the new event creation workflow.
- If you have available licenses on your contract, you'll see a new window where you can fill in the details of your new event. Start by entering your Event Name (up to 45 characters) and the start and end dates for your event. You can either create a brand new event with a blank template, or you can copy from an existing event that you have admin access to. If you choose to copy from an existing event, you can choose to copy all content, or to only select custom content from that previous event. Click 'Next'.
Additionally, please note the following:
- All settings will copy over except Attendee Session Tracking (default off).
- Disabled emails will not get copied.
- Topic Channels will not get copied.
- Push Notifications and Promoted Posts are set to occur in the future, so once your event is created you will need to go in and set the correct date and time.
- Layout sections are copied over even if there is no content.
- The event's header image and icon will be copied.
- Web Views will be copied.
- Attendees are never copied, but attendee groups will be copied. If you have an attendee list that is the same or very similar from event to event, you can export your attendee list from the previous event, make any necessary additions/deletions and then import the file in the new event.
- The Info Views checkbox allows you to select to copy all or copy no Info Views. (You cannot select specific ones.)
- Maps will take a while to copy so they will appear in the new event a bit later than the rest of your content.
- On the next screen, you'll be able to select your event type. You can use the arrows to scroll left and right through the different event types. Choose the one that matches closest to your event. Click 'Next'.
- On the next screen, you'll see the confirmation of the information that you've entered. Click 'Create Event' to finish creating your new event.
- Once you click 'Create Event', your event will be built (this may take a minute) and you'll eventually see a confirmation screen. Click 'Continue building my event'.
- On the next screen, you will select three event goals that most closely match your goals by dragging three of the available options into the circles labeled "1", "2", and "3". If you don't see a goal listed, you can suggest one by clicking on the 'Suggest a goal' link. Click 'Save & continue'.
- On the next screen, you'll enter in some additional details of your event, including a description, an estimated number of attendees, and the time zone for your event (please select carefully, as the time zone impacts a number of time-based items in your event app such as session reminders). You'll also select the registration type which determines how attendees gain access to your event app, as well as the primary color that will display in the app. Click 'Save & continue'.
- Next, you'll add in your media assets for this specific event. Your event icon will appear in the "select event" menu that a user sees after the login screen. The iOS header image will appear at the top of the activity feed on iOS devices only. For event media assets specs, please visit the Media Assets Specs support article. Click 'Save & continue'.
After your assets are uploaded, you’ll do a final review of all your information and finish creating your event, you’ll have the ability to set up an integration to pull data from your registration system or continue on with a tour of the rest of the CMS to work on your event content.