Event organizers with Admin access to the CMS are able to grant their team members access to the CMS and choose between three available user roles:
- Event Manager
- Content Manager.
The table below explains the CMS features that each role has access to:
|CMS Functionality||Admin||Event Manager Role||Content Manager Role|
|Event Day Tab||X||X||X|
|Discover More Tab||X||X||X|
|Event Performance Tab||X||X||-|
|Create/Copy New Events in the Published App||X||-||-|
|Grant CMS Access||X||-||-|
|Hide Events in the Published App||X||-||-|
X(1) Content Managers won't be able to see/edit the 'Basics' and 'Emails' sections under the Setup Tab.
Granting CMS Access
In the CMS, click on the event picker menu and then click on 'Manage Users & Events' at the bottom to see all the apps and events that you have access to.
Under each event, you will be able to view the managers that have access to each event, pick a different role for any user, remove the user from the event, as well as add new managers to an individual event, or admins to your published app.
To add an admin to your app, first, click on the '+ Add Admin' button.
Then, enter the person's email address and first and last name. Finally, click 'Save'.
To add a new event or content manager, first, click on the 'Show Managers' button.
Then, click '+ Add Manager'.
When adding new managers, you will need to specify the email address, first and last name, and select the role. Using the checkboxes below the role selector, you can automatically grant your manager access to all existing events in your app, and to all future events that may be created.
Note: remember, the CMS is optimized for Google Chrome, so please use this web browser whenever possible to avoid potential usability issues.
Emails to CMS Users
There are three types of emails that are sent to CMS users:
- New CMS Users
First-time signup email for users who have not created an account in the CMS.
- User added as an Admin
Email for new and current users when they are added to a new app.
- User added as a Manager
Email for new and current users when they are added to a new event.
- If someone is added via the "add to existing events in published app", only one email is sent.
- If someone is added via the "add to existing and future events in published app", they are sent email #3 when future events are added.
- The login credentials to the CMS are independent of your login credentials for the app itself and have different password requirements.
- When you grant a manager access from the CMS, the only way for this manager to get access and log into the CMS is to click on the relevant link in the email that will get sent out.
- You can resend the access email by re-adding the manager to the event, or by adding the user with a different email address.