What is the Welcome Email?
The Welcome email often acts as the the first step in your attendee's on-boarding experience with your app. Our Welcome Email template offers an easy way to invite your attendees to download the app and provides them with their personal login credentials.
The Welcome Email is sent directly from the Content Management System to all (or a selected group) of your attendees and contains the following information:
- Your app's header logo
- Your app name and your event name
- Your app's primary color scheme
- The attendee's first name
- The attendee's email address for login
- The attendee's default password*
- A link to customize their password
*Please note that in a multi-event app, if the attendee has already logged into a previous event within the app, they will not receive their app's password in the Welcome Email for security reasons and will need to use the password utilized when first logging into the app.
You can view a sample of your welcome email by logging into the CMS -> Setup -> Basics -> Email -> Welcome email "view sample". A generic sample is included below for your reference:
When should I send the Welcome Email?
You can send Welcome Email as soon as you are ready to release the app to your attendees. Our analysis has indicated that releasing the app about two weeks before your event start date provides just enough time for your attendees to download and become familiar with the app before they arrive onsite without losing the engagement momentum before the event begins. This should also provide a sufficient amount of time to implement your pre-event app engagement strategies.
We would also suggest a rolling email campaign, re-sending the Welcome email to attendees that have not yet logged in to the app as the event day approaches.
How do I send the Welcome Email?
When you are ready to release the app to all or some of your attendees, you can send the Welcome Email from your Attendee list under the Content tab in the CMS. From there, you have three options for sending the Welcome email to your attendees.
We strongly suggest sending the Welcome email to yourself, and anyone else involved in testing your app, before sending to all your attendees for final quality assurance validation.
To send the Welcome Email to a group of your attendees from the Attendee list:
- Highlight the attendees that you would like to send the Welcome Email to.
In the "Actions" drop down menu, select "Send welcome email"
A pop-up notification will ask to confirm that you would like to send your Welcome email to these attendees. Select OK if you are ready to send your Welcome email to this group of attendees (*Important Note: Please click OK only once. Multiple clicks will result in multiple submissions to send your Welcome Email).
After you have selected OK, you will receive a second pop-up notification that your emails have "Sent Successfully".
- Note: You can search for the desired attendees with the Search bar or you can use the "Sort" drop down menu to re-order your attendee list.
Tip: If you will be adding additional attendees as the event day approaches, you can "Sort" your attendee list in the CMS by "Joined" date which will allow you to easily highlight your recently added attendees and send the Welcome email to this select group with the method listed above.
To send the Welcome Email to all of your attendees from the Attendee list:
- In the "Actions" drop down menu, select "Send welcome email to ALL"
- A pop-up notification will ask to confirm that you would like to send your Welcome email to EVERYONE. Select OK if you are ready to send your Welcome email to all of your attendees.
- After you have selected OK, your will receive a second pop-up notification that your emails have "Sent Successfully".
To send the Welcome Email to just those attendees who have not filled out their profile in the app yet (ie. they have not accessed any content yet):
- In the "Actions" drop down menu, select "Send welcome email to non-active"
- A pop-up notification will ask to confirm that you would like to send your Welcome email.
- After you have selected OK, you will receive a second pop-up notification that your emails have "Sent Successfully".
* Please note that using this option can be done once every 24 hours.
For more information on the Welcome email, please check out this