While you are able to edit the content of the Welcome Email, we cannot edit where the email is sent from. The DoubleDutch Welcome Emails are sent from the Content Management System and routed through our Mailgun email server. All of our Welcome Emails will be sent from a consistent IP address and email domain and will follow the below format:
- From: [Your App Bundle Name] <@mail.doubledutch.me>
- To: [Attendee's email address as listed in the CMS]
- Subject: Welcome to [Event Name]
Can I customize the Welcome Email?
Yes! You can view a sample of your message and customize content right in the CMS by navigating to Setup -> Emails.
By default, your Welcome Email will include your event name, instructions for logging in, and a "download now" link which takes users to your unique download page for your app.
Examples of additional content you want to add include:
- Specific instructions for your attendees around app usage
- An ice-breaker question to answer in the app's Activity Feed
- Packing tips, highlighted reading material, or other suggestions for pre-event preparations
- Instructions for arriving onsite
Welcome Emails are created using the Markdown Syntax.
You can also use HTML Syntax to format the content of your email. Keep in mind though that the Welcome Emails will only allow certain HTML tags:
Additionally, only the following attributes in those HTML tags will be supported:
If you're not familiar with HTML, this is a helpful website where you can use a WYSIWYG editor and then copy the source code to paste in the CMS.
Note: there is no character limit when customizing the Welcome Email.
What if my attendees do not receive the Welcome Email I sent from the CMS?
If you receive reports that the Welcome Email is not received by your attendees, it is possible that the email is directed to the attendee's spam folder or blocked by firewall and anti-spam settings.
If your attendees have a consistent email domain (often seen in corporate events), you can have your IT team whitelist our Mailgun information to avoid being rerouted to spam or blocked.
If your attendees do not have a consistent email domain, you will want to encourage your attendees to add "@mail.doubledutch.me" to their contacts list to increase email deliverability.
Please contact our Support team for additional guidance if needed.
Can I see who opened the Welcome Email and logged in to the app?
While you are unable to view the specifics around who received and opened the Welcome Email, you can find a list of attendees that have logged into the app in the Exportable Reports of the Event Performance tab.
To download a report of which attendees have and have not logged into the app:
- Navigate to the Event Performance tab and select the 'Exportable Reports' section.
- Under User Activity, download the report titled "New Users".
- This report will display a timestamp for each attendee's First Login Date - if an attendee does not have a timestamp in this column, they have not yet logged into the app.
What other emails are sent to attendees from the CMS?
Although the Welcome Email is the most commonly used email template, we also offer a variety of other emails that can boost your app's adoption! In addition to the Welcome Email, we offer the below attendee facing emails configurable in the Setup tab of the CMS under the Emails section:
- Mid-Day Digest: this email sends a summary of your app's activity each day of your event around 1 pm.
- Day-End Digest: this email sends a summary of your app's activity each day of your event around 6 pm.
- Profile Views Email: when an attendee's profile is viewed in the app 3 or more times, they will receive this email notification informing them that other attendees are interested in their profile.
- Attendee Satisfaction Email: this email is designed to capture sentiment data from attendees who are not active in the app, allowing you to gather information around your attendee's satisfaction and drive further app adoption.