How do I set up Lead Retrieval?
- Please start by checking out the overview below.
- Upload Exhibitors into the CMS: Working with Exhibitors.
- Upload Exhibitor Staff into the CMS as attendees (choose 1 admin for each exhibitor): Working with Attendees.
- Send out the Welcome Email for the exhibitor dashboard, to the admins: Granting Access to the Dashboard.
- Provide information to exhibitors in your exhibitor welcome package or manual. See below for Lead Retrieval promotion/informational resources.
- Create a couple test attendee badges and provide to your DoubleDutch representative for testing before creating/printing all of them. The QR codes you create should contain only the attendee's Unique ID. This can be found in the CMS in each attendee's profile, or you can see them in bulk by exporting your attendee list in the CMS under Content -> Attendees. See this article at the part that says "The Badge Setup".
Lead Retrieval Setup
Important Note: at any event where you plan to offer Lead Retrieval, be sure to let the DoubleDutch team know so that we can ensure the back end is set up properly before your event.
There are 3 main components to set up Lead Retrieval:
- The CMS: the source of attendee and exhibitor data
- The Attendee Badge: printed by the event organizer
- The Lead Scanner: turned on in the DoubleDutch app
The CMS Setup
- Upload Attendee Data
- Attendees are input into the CMS with all relevant info (name, company, title, contact info, etc.) and a unique AttendeeID. The AttendeeID is the key value we use to match each attendee badge to each individual attendee. Any information uploaded into the attendee import will be available to exhibitors once they have scanned the attendee.
- Exhibitor Data Import
- First, upload your exhibitor profile information into the CMS. To begin, at a minimum, you'll need their company name and an exhibitor ID. An exhibitor ID will be automatically generated if you don't wish to populate it.
- Next, upload all of the exhibitor staff as attendees into the CMS. In the Exhibitor ID column, you will match their Exhibitor Profile with their attendee profile.
- Each exhibitor staff member within the attendee list needs to be marked as exhibitor admin or staff to be granted access to the lead scanning menu item in the app. Learn more about granting access here.
- The organizer must mark exhibiting staff members as either admin or staff in the CMS. Only one admin can be marked per exhibiting company - the admin has access to login to the Exhibitor Portal.
- Turn on the Lead Scanner in the app
- In the Layout section of the CMS, the menu item that says "Leads" must be unhidden so that exhibitors who purchase Lead Retrieval can see it. (Only attendees that are listed as exhibiting staff will be able to see this app section.)
The Badge Setup
- Choose your Badge Type
- The event organizer is responsible for printing the badges.
- Lead scanning in the app is compatible with different types of barcodes:
- QR Code (recommended)
- Code 128
- Code 39
- Code 93
Note: when generating certain barcode types, unique IDs longer than 20 digits can cause issues with scanning. Please make sure you test badges before printing.
- Define the Information Required within the Badge
- The organizer defines the data that will be included within the barcode on the badge. If you are only using the badge for Lead Retrieval at the event, the best practice is to only include the attendee unique ID that matches the attendee unique ID in the attendee import, within the badge.
- If you choose to use additional information in the attendee badges, the badge must still include the attendee's unique ID from the CMS attendee import. Additional samples of data structures include:
- String w/ delimiters
- Remember, consistency is key. Whichever data structure you choose must be the same data used in the badges for all attendees.
- Create & Test your Badges
- Create your badges. If you're not working with a registration company or a badge printer, we'd recommend looking online for a bulk QR code/barcode generator.
- A few sample test badges should be emailed to the DoubleDutch team before all of the badges are printed. DoubleDutch will then set up your CMS to be compatible with your badges.
- At every event where you use Lead Retrieval, badges must be tested before printing or there may be errors when your exhibitors scan badges.
- The team will let you know if the badges are good to go.
- Integrated with the DD app.
- Only booth admin and booth staff can access the lead scanner in the app menu.
- The scanner will recognize the attendee information from the badge and the attendee information will appear in the Leads section of the app.
- For additional information on how exhibitors can scan leads, see this step by step article from the Exhibitor Support Center.
More Resources for you and Exhibitors
Exhibitor Promotion Center: this section of the Customer Support Center contains exhibitor-facing resources so you can easily promote Lead Retrieval. The resources include:
- Recommended Promotion Timelines
- Sample Email Templates
- Downloadable Marketing Collateral
- On-Demand Training Videos (coming soon)
- Media Asset Library