Depending on the type of event that you're hosting, you may wish to assign attendees to a specific set of sessions. To do this in the DoubleDutch app, you will utilize the Personal Agenda feature.
Personal Agenda Options
Option 1: if you would like to assign attendees to some sessions, but still allow attendees to see the full agenda and add additional sessions to their personal agenda for further customization, then you will want to set 'Enable My Agenda' in the Setup tab of the CMS. This way, attendees can view the full agenda in the app and also view the sessions that you assign (through the process outlined below) under the "My Agenda" tab of the Agenda section.
Option 2: if you wish to prevent attendees from seeing the full agenda, and allow them to only see what they've been assigned by you for their personal agenda, please contact DoubleDutch Customer Support for additional internal app configurations in addition to following the process below to assign them sessions. In this scenario, you should also toggle "Enable My Agenda" to "Off" to prevent attendees from accidentally removing sessions from their personal agendas.
Setting Up Personal Agendas
Sessions that you assign through the process outlined below will appear under the "My Agenda" tab of the Agenda section in the app. Attendees will be reminded of upcoming sessions to which you've assigned them through our Personalized Cards.
Once you have loaded all of your agenda sessions into the CMS, you can assign sessions to attendees one at a time, or during a bulk import.
Assigning Sessions to One Attendee at a Time
- Navigate to their attendee profile in the CMS.
- Click on 'View personal agenda and bookmarked items'.
- In the "Add an Item" box, start typing in the name of a session you want to add to this attendee's agenda. When the full name appears, click to add it.
- Repeat Step 3 for all of the sessions you wish to add to this attendee's agenda.
- To delete a session that was added in error or that you no longer wish this person to attend, click on the name of the session to highlight it in blue, and then click 'Remove Selected'.
- Once you're done assigning sessions to this attendee, click 'Return to user details' above their name, and click on 'Save Changes'.
Assigning Sessions to Attendees as Part of a Bulk Import
- Download the Attendee Import Template by clicking on 'Attendees' from the Content tab, and then click on 'Add Attendees', and select 'Download import template'.
- In addition to the required fields necessary for import for each attendee row, in column R, you will list all of the session IDs (separated by a comma) that you want to be assigned for each attendee. To get the list of session IDs, click on your Agenda section in the Content tab and select 'Export Data' from the Actions drop-down. The unique ID for each item appears in Column J.
Note: please be sure to only list each unique session ID one time per attendee in the template, or you will get an error message that says you have "duplicate identifiers" when you try to upload the import template.
For more info on filling out the attendee import template, click here.
Updating Personal Agendas via Bulk Import
- Click the 'Actions' drop-down.
- Select 'Export Attendees' from the drop-down to export a .xlsx, .csv, or .xls file of your most up-to-date attendee information in the CMS.
- Add/remove session unique IDs in the Personal Agenda column of the template. You will need to list all desired sessions in the attendees' personal agendas as the importer supports "de-linking" (meaning it will remove all sessions from the attendee's profile in the CMS that are not listed in the import template).
- Save your changes to the updated attendee template and reimport your attendee template.
If you list a session more than once in the same attendee's personal agenda, you will receive a "duplicate identifier" error on the Summary page. Once you remove the duplicated session ID, you can import your template.
Changes to attendee personal agendas should update in the app after 20-30 minutes.