These are the most common scenarios that your exhibitors may encounter while using lead scanning at your event, and common explanations for what may be causing the issue.
When opening the Leads section, the camera is blank and I'm unable to see the barcodes to scan (iOS):
- Open the Settings app on your phone
- Click on Privacy
- Click on Camera
- Find the name of the app and ensure that it is turned on
Attendee badge won't scan properly:
- Exhibitor is using "QR Scanner" instead of "Lead Scanner"
- The badge was printed poorly
- ex: the barcode on the badge is too dense for the scanner to read
- The badge was printed using a barcode we do not support
Badge seems to have scanned correctly, but result doesn't look like a real attendee:
- If the exhibitor loses internet connectivity, the only thing that will display is the id # from the badge. Once connectivity is restored, the profile will update.
- If the badge that was scanned is for an attendee not yet entered in the CMS, a full profile will not display. The attendee ID captured from the badge must match an attendee from the CMS.
- The badge for this attendee has the wrong ID # associated with it. The attendee ID captured from the badge must match an attendee from the CMS.
- If the exhibitor has scanned a random bar code (like from a soda can or anything else with a bar code), the scanner will register a "scanned lead" but will be unable to tie it to any attendee information.
Missing leads in the dashboard:
- An exhibitor may believe they are missing leads if the scenarios for "badge scanned but not a real attendee" are true, or if all phones that were scanning badges haven't gained internet activity and passed the leads to the server yet.
- The exhibitor will only receive the information that is in the CMS. If an attendee's full name, title, company, or phone number, is not entered in to the CMS, there is no way to include that information in the report to the exhibitor.