The DoubleDutch platform automatically creates a landing page, or “download page", that directly links to your app in the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, and the HTML5 version that can be accessed via any web browser. When the link is opened from a mobile device, it will automatically take users to the app store that’s appropriate for their device.
Note: the sample image of the activity feed cannot be changed.
The link to your unique download page can be found directly in the CMS, and it is also included in the Welcome Email.
You can find this link directly in the CMS by going to Setup -> Basics and clicking on the 'Download App' button in the top right.
To see the sample Welcome Email (with the landing page link):
1. Click on the Setup tab in the CMS.
2. Click on 'Emails'.
3. In the Welcome Email section, click 'View Sample'.
Once you’re on the Welcome Email, click 'Download Now' and the download page will open up. You may copy that link and use it anywhere!
If you want to include this link on other promotional messaging like Twitter posts or printed material, you may want to create a shortened URL that will be easier for attendees to type into their web browser.
You can also create a QR code that will direct your attendees to the download page when scanned by a QR code reader on their device. This can be especially helpful to include on printed materials.
How to build a QR code
- Find a QR code generator. For example Kaywa QR Code: http://qrcode.kaywa.com/
- Make sure the “URL” option is selected.
- Go to your app download page and copy the URL.
- In the blank box on the page, enter the URL for your download page.
- Make sure to select the 'Static' option next to the “Generate” button.
- Click 'Generate' and the QR code will appear in the square box to the left.
- Save the code and incorporate it on any of your materials.