Speakers can have attendees send questions via a designated email address that is linked in his/her agenda session within the app. This makes it easy for attendees to submit questions from the app at any point, such as in advance of the session or afterwards. Speakers will need to work with the event organizer to include instructions and a link in the description of the appropriate session in the Agenda.
Keep in mind that for this method to be successful a moderator would need to monitor the email account to collect the questions. Since this is being done through email, the only way to view all the attendee questions for that session would be to view the inbox of the email that receives these questions.
Steps to set up in the CMS:
- In the CMS, click on Content - Agenda and select the Session that you would like to have Q&A.
- In the Description field, type instructions for the Attendee to click the link to ask their question.
- Select the text to use as your link and click the Hyperlink symbol from the menu bar
- Input the email address that you would like the questions to be sent to.
- Click OK.
- Save the Session to save your work.
Steps for attendees to submit questions:
- Select the session you are attending from the agenda.
- Tap the link in the session description to submit via email.
- Type the question in the email view
- Press send.
Steps for speakers/moderators:
- Coordinate with your event organizer to have Q&A through email set up in the app
- Determine the email address and any instructions that should be included in the app
- Determine when and how answered will be provided to attendees
- Elect a moderator to gather and review incoming questions