Click the appropriate button below (depending on which server your events are hosted on) for a guided tour of Push Notifications and Promoted Posts!
Push Notifications are messages that will be sent to the home screen of an attendee's mobile device. It looks similar to a text message but is actually sent through the app.
A notification will also be sent to the attendee's in-app profile and they can view the message in the notifications center in the app.
To create a Push Notification, follow these steps:
- Login to the DoubleDutch CMS and head to the Setup page, and then click 'Push/PromotedMessages' on the left.
- Click '+ add messages' at the top and a box will appear.
- Click the cloud icon on the left to create your Push Notification.
- Using no more than 140 characters, type your message in the “Compose a Push Message” box.
- Click the '+' icon on the bottom left of the box to add a link to your Push Notification.
To link your push notification to an item in the app, survey, or external website, click the option you would like, then add the item you’d like to link to, and finally, click 'Add Link' to save your call to action button.
Please note, including a link through the content of the push notification itself, rather than attaching via the '+' icon, will not make this link clickable in the app. Also, you can only link your Push Notification with one item.
- If you’d like to send your Push Notification to a specific Attendee Group rather than to all attendees, type the name of the Attendee Group and select it from the drop-down within the “Specific Attendee Groups…” field.
We recommend creating at least one attendee group that includes your event team that you can utilize to do any testing you might want to do with Push Notifications.
- Click the 'Schedule' button to select the time you’d like to send out the Push Notification.
- Click 'Publish' to save your Push Notification.