Click the button below for a guided tour of Push Notifications and Promoted Posts!
Push notifications are messages that will be sent to the home screen of an attendee's mobile device. It looks similar to a text message, but is actually sent through the app.
A notification will also be sent to the attendee's in-app profile and they can view the message in the notifications center in the app.
To create a Push Notification, follow these steps:
- Login to the DoubleDutch CMS and head to the Setup page, and then click “Push/PromotedMessages” on the left.
- Click “+ add messages” at the top and a box will appear.
- Click the cloud icon on the left to create your Push Notification.
- Using no more than 140 characters, type your message in the “Compose a Push Message” box.
- Click the “+” icon on the bottom left of the box to add a link to your Push Notification.
- To link your push notification to an item in the app, survey, or external website, click the option you would like, then add the item you’d like to link to, and finally click “Add Link” to save your call to action button.
- Please note, including a link in the content of the push notification itself, rather then attaching via the '+' icon, will not make this link clickable in the app.
- Take note that you can only link your Push Notification with one item.
- We recommend creating at least one attendee group that includes your event team that you can utilize to do any testing you might want to do with push notifications.