Click the Guide Me button below for a guided walkthru of Promoted Posts!
Promoted Posts are messages that appear pinned to the top of the Activity Feed in the app. Promoted Posts can contain up to 140 characters of text, and may also include an image (640x640 .png) or YouTube video, and a call-to-action button (buttons can be linked to an item or survey in the app, or to an external web page).
To create a Promoted Post, follow these steps:
- Login to the DoubleDutch CMS and head to the Setup page, and then click 'Messages' on the left.
- Click '+ add messages' at the top and a box will appear that defaults to a megaphone icon to indicate a promoted post.
- Using no more than 140 characters, type your message in the “Compose a Promoted Message” box.
- Click the '+' icon on the bottom left of the box to add a link or photo to your promoted post.
To add an image to your Promoted Post, select 'add image', then select 'choose file' to upload your 640x640 .png image, and finally click 'add image' to attach it to your Promoted Post.
To add a video link to your Promoted Post, select 'add video link', then copy and paste the full URL in the text field. The video must be a public-facing or unlisted YouTube URL.
To link your call-to-action button to an item in the app, survey, or external website, click the option you would like, enter the text you’d like to display on the call to action button in the “Link Text” box, then add the item you’d like to link to in the following box, and finally click 'Add Link' to save your call to action button.
Note: you can only link the call to action button to one item per Promoted Post.
- Click the 'Schedule' button to select the time you’d like to send out the Promoted Post as well as how long to pin it to the top of the Activity Feed.
- Click 'Publish' to save your Promoted Post.