Gameday is a tool that allows you to promote your app and encourage engagement via a newsfeed-type broadcast that updates in real-time with activity happening in the app as well as information on how to download the app.
It was designed with simplicity in mind and can be activated easily to show across a wide variety of screens and projectors via a unique website for your event.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What kind of equipment do I need?
A: All you need is a laptop (with an internet connection and the Chrome or Safari web browser) and a screen to connect it to. Gameday is optimized for screens of 40 inches and over but the display can be modified to fit most size screens by zooming in or out in the web browser.
To get your Gameday URL, go to the Event Day tab of your CMS and click 'Start Gameday'.
Q: What if the internet connection goes down? Do I need an especially fast connection?
A: The feed will continue cycling through existing data in the event of a network interruption. Once the internet connection is restored it will update to include the newest content. In our experience, Gameday runs fine on shared Wi-Fi connections. If you’re able to access other websites with relative ease then Gameday should work properly.
Q: Can I run Gameday on multiple screens?
A: Absolutely. Your Gameday screen is a unique URL that can be accessed by multiple computers simultaneously.
Q: Can I customize the content that is shown on-screen?
A: If you utilize the URL provided in the CMS the feed is automated and is optimized to highlight recent content. There are also some modifications you can make to the URL to highlight specific types of content:
- If you want to display only status comments = [GameDayURL]&mod=feed
- If you want to display only pictures from the app = [GameDayURL]&mod=photo
- If you want to display just the activity feed for a particular item in the app: [GameDayURL]&itemId=(itemid) where "itemid" in the parentheses is replaced with the id of the item. You can find the IDs of all items in your app by going to Event Performance -> Exportable Reports -> App Content -> Item List.
- If you want to display just the leaderboard = [GameDayURL]&mod=leaderboard
- If you want to display just your app information = [GameDayURL]&mod=info
Q: Can I remove the black bar at the top of the Gameday page?
A: Open the Gameday link in Google Chrome or Safari. Right click on the screen and click 'Inspect'. In the "Elements" panel, highlight the entire line <div id="headerContainer"...>, which will highlight the black header on the web page. Delete the line and click 'x' on the "Elements" panel.
Note: refreshing the page will regenerate the black bar.