The event app comes pre-loaded with a standard set of sections that are most utilized by our customers, but you have the ability to customize your app menu with additional sections.
Adding a New App Section
To add a new app section to your event:
- Go to the "Layout" tab of the CMS and click ‘Add a New Section’
- Select the type of section you would like to add (e.g. Web View).
- Enter the name as you would like it to appear in your app. Note that we recommend limiting the section name to 18 characters. Section titles that contain more than 18 characters have a section of the title cut off.
- Click the 'Save new section' button or press 'Return' on your keyboard. The newly created app section will then appear in your app menu.
Once you've added a section, it can be configured further immediately upon clicking 'Save new section', or by clicking on the section title from the "Layout" tab.
A quick overview of the available app sections that you can add to your app:
- Custom List: create an interactive list of item names and descriptions (e.g. create a "Local Attractions" list of nearby places of interest).
- Web View: link to a website or web-hosted document. Attendees can access these sites right from the app (e.g. link to your Facebook page or Twitter feed). Note: web addresses must be secured (https:// NOT http://). For more details on using this section, please click here.
- Info View: a single item showing basic information (editable HTML field) (e.g. create a "Conference Tips" section with wifi information, transportation details, etc.)
- Folders: organize multiple lists by nesting them in folders. After creating a Folder, you are able to select and drag lists into it (e.g. create a folder called "What's nearby?", and then add in a Custom List called "Restaurants", a Custom List called "Golf Courses", and a Custom List called "Coffee Shops").
- Files & External Links: upload one or more PDFs directly for attendees to access and download in the app, and/or link to one or more files hosted on the web. Make sure you use the full web address (https://). Note: files must be less than 30MB and web addresses must be secured (https:// NOT http://).
- Exhibitors: this works the same as the exhibitor list that is already preloaded in the app menu. You can add additional ones if you want to separate out different kinds of exhibitors or sponsors.
- Speakers: this works the same as the speaker list that is already preloaded in the app menu. You can add additional ones if you want to separate out different kinds of speakers.
Please note that while you have lots of options for customizing the look and functionality of your app menu, you cannot add any duplicate native app sections such as attendee lists, activity feed, photo feed, interactive maps, surveys, or polls.
If you'd like the ability to differentiate among your attendee list, we recommend a few different options:
- using the "attendee groups" feature
- hosting a PDF in the app with your groups listed that attendees can reference