To create your interactive map, you'll need 2 versions of each floor level or area map you want to create - one with all your booth numbers filled in the appropriate booths (this will be your reference file), and a blank floor plan of your exhibitor floor (this is the one that you'll load into the CMS).
The blank floor plan should be a .jpg file and the size should be between 1024x1024 and 4096x4096 pixels.
- To begin, head to the Content tab in the CMS, and click on the "Map" section from the menu on the left. This will take you to the map editor.
- Click on "Add new floor" and enter the name for this floor plan that you want to appear in the app.
- Click "choose file" and select the map image without the booth numbers filled in
- Hit Save to load your file
- If your exhibitor space has multiple floors, add in the blank maps for the remainder of the floors.
- To get started with adding interactivity, click on the map that you want to work on. This will take you to the level editor.
- From here, you're going to start associating the blank spots on your map with exhibitor booths.
- These are the tools that you have available while working on the map.
- Rectangle – draw a new interactive booth by clicking and dragging
- Canvas – move the map around to view different areas
- Select – click on an interactive booth to pull up or add information; click and drag to move selected booths around the map
- Click on a booth or click and drag to select multiple, then hit Copy + Paste to duplicate that booth arrangement
- No go – Wayfinding will not direct users through this area (such as through walls); use this tool to draw a no-go zone
- In/Out – change the zoom size
Select the rectangle tool and draw booths using the tool that cover the booth outlines on the map
- Fill in the numbers in the “Booth Number” section of each booth by referencing the booth numbers from your other reference map (the one not loaded into the CMS).
- If you already have your exhibitors loaded into the CMS, you can link the actual exhibitor name and profile by filling in the exhibitor name in the "Linked Exhibitor" section of the window. To make the link, click into a booth, then check on the provided reference file which exhibitor is occupying this booth. In the “linked exhibitor” section, start typing the exhibitor’s name. When the right one pops up, click on it to create the link.
Complete the rectangles, booth numbers, and linked exhibitors for all of your booths.
Once you've completed your map, click "save". We actually recommend saving frequently...best practice is to save after you complete a block of booths on the map :)