Promo Codes are a great way to add an additional marketing element to your event promotion by allowing you to set up special offers to registrants.
To access the list of promo codes associated with your events, click on 'Events' from the main menu, then select 'Promo Codes'.
To add a Promo Code, click on 'Add Promo Code'. Fill out the form as follows:
- Name: give the promo code a name, something that describes the discount (e.g. $100 off)
- Code: this will be what registrants use to redeem the code (e.g. SAVE)
- Set a limited period for Promo Code: create a time period where the code can be redeemed
- Redemptions: select whether there's a limited quantity of the code
- Discount Type: "Single" means the discount amount applied is a set percentage or flat dollar amount. "Price Ranges" means the discount amount applied depends on the number of applicable items in the order (“Min Qty” and “Max Qty”).
- Max Items Per Order: Limits the number of applicable items that the Promo Code discount applies to. For example, with Max Items Per Order set to “2” and there are 3 applicable items in an order, only 2 of them will be discounted when the promo code is applied.
Additionally, at the bottom page, you can select for which events you would like to apply the promo code, and for which ticket type (if you have multiple).
When finished, click 'Save'.
At any time, you can edit or delete a promo code from the Actions menu of the Promo Code list.