To create your interactive map, you'll need two versions of each floor level or area map you want to create - one with all your booth numbers and/or room locations filled in (this will be your reference file), and a blank floor plan of your event floor (this is the one that you'll load into the Studio).
The blank floor plan should be a .jpg or .png image (with any aspect ratio) and a recommended size of at least 1024x1024 pixels.
- To begin, head to the Content tab in the Studio, and click on the 'Map' section from the menu on the left. This will take you to the map editor.
- Click on '+ New Map Floor' and enter the name for this floor plan that you want to appear in the app.
- Click on 'select file' to upload your map image without the booth numbers and/or room locations filled in. You can drag and drop the file into the "Floor Image" box as well.
- If your event space has multiple floors, add in the blank maps for the remainder of the floors.
To get started with adding interactivity, click 'Launch Map Editor' on the map you'd like to work on. From here, you're going to start associating the blank rectangles on your map with booths and/or rooms. These are the tools that you have available while working on the map.
- Select – click on an interactive booth/room to pull up or add information; click and drag to move selected booths/rooms around the map
- Canvas – move the map around to view different areas
- Rectangle – draw a new interactive booth/room by clicking and dragging
- No go – wayfinding will not direct users through this area (such as through walls); use this tool to draw a no-go zone
- In/Out – change the zoom size
Select the rectangle tool and draw booths/rooms using the outlines on the blank map.
Using your map not loaded into the Studio as a reference, add a location name to your booth/room. For example, booth number or room name.
Optionally, you can type a session name in the "Sessions" section and/or type an exhibitor name in the "Exhibitors" section.
Or, if you already have your sessions and exhibitors loaded into the Studio, you can link an actual exhibitor profile by filling in the exhibitor name or link a session from the agenda by filling in the session item name. In either case, when the right one pops up, click on it to create the link.
Repeat this process to create all your booths/rooms and linked exhibitors/sessions for your floor plan.