What is Attendee Meeting Scheduling?
With DoubleDutch’s Attendee Meeting Scheduling feature, attendees can schedule meetings with other attendees, directly from within the app. This means a simplified workflow to connect attendees, moving the digital connections happening in the event app to face-to-face conversations.
Meeting Scheduling Setup
To fully set this up for your event, there are some internal configurations that need to be enabled by DoubleDutch. If you haven't spoken with a DoubleDutch representative about using this feature, please reach out to your Account Manager to discuss this.
Note: there are two types of Meeting Scheduling:
- Attendee to Attendee (includes attendee:attendee AND attendee:exhibitor)
- Attendee to Exhibitor (attendee:exhibitor only)
Please reach out to your DoubleDutch representative to set up the appropriate configuration for your event.
Scheduling a Meeting between Attendees in the App
- Within the app, attendees will be able to schedule meetings by going to the profile of the attendee they would like to meet with. From that attendee’s profile, they can start a meeting request by selecting 'Request Meeting'.
Note: to request a meeting with an exhibitor, you can do so by clicking 'Request Meeting' from an exhibitor's profile.
- On the next screen, the attendee will be able to set the meeting details:
- Duration (15, 30, or 60 minutes)
- Location (50 character max)
- Why you’d like to meet (150 character max)
- Once the meeting details have been completed, the attendee can click 'Next' to move to the next screen to select a meeting time.
- On the Availability screen, the attendee will be able to select a meeting time based on the mutually exclusive availability.
Note: availability is automatically set to 5am-9pm for attendees on the days of the event, and will adjust based on bookmarked agenda sessions and other meetings scheduled within the app. If the attendee is added as an exhibitor (booth staff or booth admin), their available schedule will default to 9am-5pm on event days. The availability of any exhibitor can of course be adjusted via the exhibitor portal by the booth admin for that exhibitor or by individual booth staff and any changes there will increase or decrease the window of time the exhibitor will show up as available. For both attendees and exhibitors, any existing meetings will also affect available time.
- Once the attendee selects a time, they can click 'Next' to move to the next screen. The attendee will then be able to send out the meeting invite.
- Once the meeting invite is sent the attendee can click “Done” to finish. The meeting invite recipient will then receive a notification in the app and an e-mail letting them know they have a meeting invite. The “status” of the meeting request will be accessible from the attendee profile, agenda, and “Meetings” app section and can be changed at any time.
Viewing the Meeting Invite in the App
- Attendees can accept or decline the meeting directly within the app.
- The meeting invite recipient will also receive an e-mail with the details of the meeting. From this e-mail they can accept or decline the meeting as well. Furthermore, there’s an .ICS file they can download to easily add the meeting to their personal or work calendar.
- The attendee who scheduled the meeting will receive an e-mail letting them know if and when their invite has been accepted by the recipient.
- If a meeting is canceled, both the attendee who scheduled the meeting and the invite recipient will receive an e-mail notification of the cancellation.
- Under the “Meetings” section of the app, attendees can view all of their scheduled, pending, and declined meetings. They can also view their meetings in the context of their day via the “Agenda” section.
Meeting Scheduling Reporting
Within the DoubleDutch CMS, under Event Performance, event organizers can download and view the 1:1 Meeting Requests exportable report to track details like:
- Meeting Sender Information (Name, Title, Company)
- Meeting Recipient Information (Name, Title, Company)
- Meeting Request Time
- Meeting Status
- Meeting Response Time
- Meeting Cancellation Time
- Meeting Details (Day, Time, Duration, Description)