Invitations are used for sending invite emails to your contacts. Before you can send out an Invitation, you will need to select 'Invite only event' from the Details sub-section, under Edit Event. The Invitations tab will not show under Campaigns unless this box is checked. To learn more about doing this, click here.
Note: keep in mind that, if you're sending an invitation for a Registration type event, anyone that has the link can register (e.g. the email is forwarded to another individual). If it’s an RSVP event, then only the person who received the invitation can register.
The first section of the invitation creation process involves filling out the following details:
- Campaign Name: make this something easily identifiable. This will show when you're looking for campaign reporting.
- Email Subject: keep this relevant to the email content and avoid spammy text.
- Sender Name: this is who the message will appear to come from by the recipients. It's best to use your company name here.
- Sender Email: this is what will appear in the "from" field of the email.
- Mailing Address: the CAN-SPAM Act requires that the sender's business address appear in all commercial emails.
- Connect Event: shows the event associated with the invitation.
Once you've finished filling out the basic info, click 'Next'.
From there you will have the opportunity to customize your email design. For more information on this, click here.
When you're ready to move forward, click 'Next' again.
The next step in the process involves choosing the recipients of the invitation. You have two options here:
- All Contacts: send to your contact list. You can also add additional contacts here or import contacts.
- Recipients Segments: Already created most useful segments. You can add additional segments by adding existing segments or creating new ones. To learn more about working with segments, click here.
When finished, click 'Next'.
On the final page, you'll be able to review a summary of your campaign. Doublecheck the invitation summary, recipients list, and content.
If you'd like to send yourself a sample of the email, click 'Send Test Email' and type in your email address.
When you're ready, click 'Send Now'. Or click 'Save Later' to send the invite email at a later date.