Invitations are used for sending invite emails to your contacts. Before you can send out an Invitation, you will need to select 'Invite only event' from the Details sub-section, under Edit Event. To learn more about doing this, click here. The Invites tab will not show unless this box is checked.
Note: keep in mind that, if you're sending an invitation for a Registration type event, anyone that has the link can register (e.g. the email is forwarded to another individual). If it’s an RSVP event, then only the person who received the invitation can register.
You have the option to add invitees either individually or to import them. When getting ready to send an invitation, you can select individuals from your invites list.
Adding Invitees Individually
To add an invitee, click on the 'Invites' sub-section under "Invites". Then click 'Add Invite'. Select the registration/ticket type for the individual, fill out the invitee's details, and click 'Save'.
To import a list of invitees, go to the 'Import' sub-section and follow the steps below:
- Click 'Add Import'.
- Download the import template.
- Once you've filled out the .csv file, either drag the file to the CSV file box or select it from the "Choose File" button.
- Review the information (the first five rows are shown), and select 'Continue Import'.
- You will be taken back to your list of imports with the status of your import shown.
Note: when importing invitees, a ticket type is not required.
Creating Invitation Segments
You can also send invitations to groups of individuals using segments. The "Invites" menu offers an easy way to add segments by clicking on the 'Segments' sub-section. For more information about creating segments, click here.
To begin creating an Invitation, click on the 'Campaigns' sub-section of the "Invites" menu. Then click on 'Add Invitation'.
The first section of the invitation creation process involves filling out the following details:
- Campaign Name: make this something easily identifiable. This will show when you're looking for campaign reporting.
- Email Subject: keep this relevant to the email content and avoid spammy text.
- Sender Name: this is who the message will appear to come from by the recipients. It's best to use your company name here.
- Sender Email: this is what will appear in the "from" field of the email.
- Mailing Address: the CAN-SPAM Act requires that the sender's business address appear in all commercial emails.
- Connect Event: shows the event associated with the invitation.
Once you've finished filling out the basic info, click 'Next'.
From there you will have the opportunity to customize your invitation design. For more information on this, click here.
When you're ready to move forward, click 'Next' again.
The next step in the process involves choosing the recipients of the invitation. You have two options here:
- All Invites: send to your invites list. This is the list mentioned earlier in this article.
- Recipients Segments: you can add recipients by adding existing segments or creating new ones. To learn more about working with segments, click here.
When finished, click 'Next'.
On the final page, you'll be able to review a summary of your campaign. Doublecheck the invitation summary, recipients list, and content.
If you'd like to send yourself a sample of the email, click 'Send Test Email' and type in your email address.
When you're ready, click 'Send Now'. Or click 'Save Later' to send the invite email at a later date.