Invitations are used for sending invite emails to your registrants. If you're sending an invitation for a Registration type event, anyone that has the link can register (e.g. the email is forwarded to another individual). Alternatively, if it’s an RSVP or Invite Only event, then only the person who received the invitation can register.
To begin creating an Invitation, select one of your events from your event list. Then click on the 'Campaigns' sub-section of the "Invites" menu. Click on 'Add Invitation'.
The first section of the invitation creation process involves filling out the following details:
- Campaign Name: make this something easily identifiable. This will show when you're looking for campaign reporting.
- Email Subject: keep this relevant to the email content and avoid spammy text.
- Sender Name: this is who the message will appear to come from by the recipients. It's best to use your company name here.
- Sender Email: this is what will appear in the "from" field of the email.
- Mailing Address: the CAN-SPAM Act requires that the sender's business address appear in all commercial emails.
- Connect Event: shows the event associated with the invitation.
Once you've finished filling out the basic info, click 'Next'.
From there you will have the opportunity to customize your invitation design. For more information on this, click here.
When you're ready to move forward, click 'Next' again.
The next step in the process involves choosing the recipients of the invitation. You have two options here:
- All Invites: send to your invites list. This is the list mentioned earlier in this article.
- Recipients Segments: you can add recipients by adding existing segments or creating new ones. To learn more about working with segments, click here.
When finished, click 'Next'.
On the final page, you'll be able to review a summary of your campaign. Doublecheck the invitation summary, recipients list, and content.
If you'd like to send yourself a sample of the email, click 'Send Test Email' and type in your email address.
When you're ready, click 'Send Now'. Or click 'Save Later' to send the invite email at a later date.