During the event creation process, if you're creating a Ticket or Registration event, you'll be prompted to add Ticket Types and Registration Types. This article walks you through the process to set these up.
Creating Ticket Types and Registration Types
To create a Ticket/Registration Type:
- Give the type a name (e.g. General Admission).
- Add a description, if it requires further explanation.
- Choose whether the type will be paid, free, or donation.
If you select a Paid Type, there are several additional fields as part of the setup:
- Price Type: select a single price, or choose multiple price levels for a single ticket/registration.
- Price: the cost of the ticket/registration.
- Tax: the applicable tax as part of the order.
Finally, to finish up the process (for Paid or Free Ticket/Registration Types):
- Input a minimum ticket number per order.
- Input a maximum ticket number per order number.
- Type the total quantity of tickets available for the type.
Advanced Options for Ticket Types and Registration Types
|DoubleDutch Fee Paid By||X||X|
|Credit Card Fee Paid By||X||X|
|Add Additional Fee||X||X|
|Set a limited period for sales||X||X|
|Use Waitlist when ticket type sells out||X||X|
|Hide from event page||X||X||X|
|Allow to print ticket PDF||X||X|
|Show description on ticket PDF||X||X|
|Don't collect guest info||X||X||X|
DoubleDutch Fee Paid By: either paid by the Promoter or the Contact.
Credit Card Fee Paid By: either paid by the Promoter or the Contact.
Add Additional Fee: add an additional flat fee or percentage.
Set a limited period for sales: select a start and end date for when the ticket/registration type will be available for sale.
Use Waitlist when ticket type sells out: by checking this option, registrants will be able to enter their contact information to be placed on a waitlist if the ticket/registration type is sold out.
Hide from event page: hides the tickets/registration type from the event page.
Allow to print ticket PDF: allows registrants to print their ticket once complete.
Show description on ticket PDF: includes the description on the ticket pdf.
Don't collect guest info: if this option is enabled, the registrant is required to select a previously entered attendee for the ticket.